We are going to discuss how to safeguard your heartbeat and finish up with #BYOBT workout challenge. This week’s Be Your Own Boss in Health and Fitness Tip is: ‘Don’t Let Your Heart Be the Death of You’. I could go on and on about: heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US, how heart disease causes roughly 596,577, or that the most common form of heart disease is coronary heart disease costing the US 108.9 billion dollars each year but I’m not going to do that no; I’m not going to talk about that. Why not you might ask, well what’s more important is the things you can do about it now. Here are my 5 ways to help keep the heart muscle safe:
- Take a selfie I know it sounds vain but you must first see it for yourself the more fat you have on your stomach the more fat you have on your heart
- Eat fat that’s healthy which can come from nuts, fish, and avocados once a day if you do your body is more willing to dispose of the bad fats and use the good for energy
- Jump n Jacks a lot of people say they don’t have time to walk on the treadmill an hour a day or go to the park for a 5k so make do and speaking of which leads me to
- Turn a lemon of a day into lemonade and drink it lemons high in potassium are said to work wonders for people with heart problems also acting as blood purifiers
- Stay alive by starting to improve today.
Do these things and then you can say that well you can say um uh you can say whatever you please because when it comes to heart disease you beat it, beat it, like Michael Jackson the statistics of heart disease that is with the fact that you are alive!
This week’s #BYOBT workout challenge is jump rope for heartbeat fun to be a kid again grab your kid’s rope and let’s go! 4 sets of 40 jumping rope resting one minute between each set. As always like my Facebook page: BYOBTraining Follow me on Instagram @byobtraining and checkout my website www.byobtraining.com for more info on how you can take charge of life! Be your own boss in health and fitness!